Sunday, March 27, 2011

A footnote

I pulled this from another letter written the same day, March 5, 2011.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Anne, I don't mean to accidentally appeal to the pitiable them of unrequited love. To clarify my last letter, let it be said: I do not consider myself worthy of the Society. No, I least of all its men show the talent to multiply ten-fold that is required for the Society's way of loving. She is a pure evaluative animal and I a beastly performance. She wants, and has had, men who through her formation were made from avid Manicheans into tart, saintly Augustines. Her disciplined institute housed the secret the works of the Kingfisher, Hopkins types living for God in obscurity, only posthumously Chardinian discovered, renowned because they lived free of ego. Full of Christ, their cups spilled over. I write to prove how faithful I am. I want you to believe in me Christ reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment