Monday, June 20, 2011

To UA or not to UA

Gn 19:29 So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, God remembered
Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in
which Lot had settled.

18 May 2011

Dear Anne,

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.” Ps 23

Again my neighbor on the clutch with the Bible passage, saying, “It get’s me through
everything.” So Anne, wonderful wonderful news: It’s time for some agree contra action!! This little-engine that-could heart of mine has long been toying with the plan of refusing to take the
Urinary Analysis (UA). Agere contra-style, I’m going against my own will on this one. Though the desire to visit the prisoner of Cook County appeals to me, tonight I’ve found inspiration to go against it. Pablo Picasso said something about art being the result of the artist’s dominance over himself. Look what I’m seeing now: Yes, not submitting to the UA resists conformism to the system. Yes, it once more heightens the conflict of SOA? WHINSEC’s existence once again by consequence of my willingness to suffer. Yes, it once more dramatizes my love for the enemy by taking further the cross a second mile. Yes, it provides the condition for the possibility of relationship with the least of Chicago, knowing the forgotten as one-with. Yes, it problematizes the assumed guilty until proven innocent practice of the US Justice System. and Yes, it attracts the humbling likelihood of criticisms of me such as having a) a martyrs complex b) a lazy work ethic c) and/or it opens attack that I am a stupid, dumb protester d) that is, I probably have red eyes not from reading but because I must have smoked pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment